Belize Resort Crowned World’s Best Hotel
The Phoenix Resort in Belize, Central America has been named the world’s best hotel by influential travel website TripAdvisor.
Based on the website’s 2012 Travelers Choice awards, the luxury resort in San Pedro scooped the title, which is voted for each year by TripAdvisor’s users.
It is one of two Belize-based properties in the list of 25, with Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort taking the Number 3 spot.
The award represents a meteoric rise for the resort, which only opened to the public in late 2008.
The 30-condo beachfront property is superbly located on Ambergris Caye in the charming town of San Pedro, and is teaming with luxurious amenities and facilities including two saline swimming pools, a spa and a gourmet restaurant.
The top ten list of the world’s best hotels was as follows:
1. The Phoenix Resort, San Pedro, Belize
2. Anastasis Apartments, Imerovigli, Greece
3. Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort, Hopkins, Belize
4. Riad Kniza, Marrakech, Morocco
5. Derwent House Boutique Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
6. Castlewood House, Dingle, Ireland
7. Palais Amani, Fes, Morocco
8. Loch Lein Country House, Killarney, Ireland
9. Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Urubamba, Peru
10. Golden Well (U Zlate Studne), Prague, Czech Republic