A newly designed custom Motor Yacht with Interior and Exterior Design by Bannenberg & Rowell, featuring progressive styling, massing and surface design, with a view to achieving maximum volume, and thereby guest space, more typically found in a yacht with 15% greater length.
The brief required a challenging and thought provoking approach to established notions on yacht appearance, as demonstrated with the elevated forward bridge location, the blurring of the traditional sheer line (a homogenous hull and superstructure solution), and an asymmetric solution to the sun deck.
Fuel efficiency, overall size and manoeuvrability were also prime considerations, in line with contemporary thinking from an ethical and visionary clientele.
For the Owner and Guest:
• A strong connection between the lower decks and the environment via a large, purpose built open plan beach club/spa with obvious physical links and good communication to the Main Deck.
• Ample dedicated garage for tender and toys with side access
• Open plan Main Deck with 4m pool
• Expansive Sun deck, maximising privacy and views in harbour (and when moored stern-to) with private pool and covered al fresco dining. Optional ‘sky-gym’ or screening room on bridge deck
• elevator service between lower, main and bridge decks
• Elevated Owner’s panoramic penthouse Suite with private balcony
• 5 guest staterooms (4 cabins and a VIP suite)
For the Owner:
• Length overall: 58m
• Beam: 11.03m
• Length at waterline: 56.30m
• Draught: 3.2m
• Estimated GRT: 1232
• Aluminium Hull and Superstructure
• Slender underwater hull form for increased fuel efficiency, enhanced by a narrow angle of waterline entry and a low ratio between overall length and waterline length (a more vertical bow)
• Ride quality and comfort through reduced flair in the topsides, with the evolved and enclosed forward superstructure designed to offset potential resultant deck wetness.
• Clearly defined separate vertical circulation for crew and guests, facilitated by the forward bridge position